Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lunges - finally posting... better late than never?

Here's an old post I began on Day 6 about Lunges.  I was frustrated that it felt like they were hurting me & not working the right muscles.  This is when I was also telling Patrick that I wished he'd hyperlink some video demos into the workout PDFs for some of the most difficult (or dangerous if done incorrectly) exercises, so we could just click on the links to go to the demoes, if needed.

So, with that all said, here's what I found to help me with doing the lunges properly...

(begin message from Day 6 - July 6, 2011):

I'm finding the leg exercises are the most difficult for me.  Not only do I feel totally uncoordinated, but I can't help but feel like I'm not doing them correctly.  I'm feeling strain on my knees & on some strange muscle (tendon??) up near my left hip.  Since Patrick's photos only do so much to help, off to YouTube I go and here's what I found:



This video really helped me better understand the mechanics of the lunge.  I now find this to be one of my favorite leg exercises, along with squats.

I'm also surprised at how the lunges seem to both stretch & work my calf muscles as I go through the movements, too & not just my thighs.

Here's to healthy habits,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment