Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paying for slacking off...

Well, I haven't felt this tired & sore since I started PCP.  And I think it all comes down to my weekend.  I totally went off the ranch & at my brother's 10th wedding anniversary party, I ate some small portions of (mostly) PCP compliant food, but I drank copious amounts of hard cider & a little beer.  I also didn't drink much water at all and I played the drums (& sweated) all night long.

Long story short, I was completely dehydrated & exhausted the next day.  My body was also sore all over.  The only thing I could do when I got home was drink lots of water and go to bed.  No skipping.  No exercise.  I ate PCP foods, but not the right amounts.  I basically didn't do my exercises for two days & yesterday (Monday) my body was screeeeaming when I finally did my entire workout.

I went to bed early again and I'm slowly catching up on my sleep.  I woke up this morning still sore, but I am back on track.  I'm so ticked off at myself for knocking myself down for a couple of days.

Man, some people learn things the hard way I guess.  A little over half way there & it won't be getting easier.  I can't afford to screw up like that again.  Well one foot in front of the other...

Here's to healthy habits,

Michael

2 comments:

  1. Sounds dreadful, It could happen to any of us, hang in there your through the worst bit it sounds, don't beat yourself up too much, we are all human and love to let our hair down.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Tracey. That reminds me... I could use a hair cut, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete