It's July 4th here in the States. That means a holiday for most. I worked today, but I'm taking the rest of the week off! Time to get caught up around the house!
One of the big things for me to tackle this week is weeding the garden. We've gotten a ton of rain this spring, making it hard to get out into the garden & the weeds are winning because of it! One of the big things I realized a few weeks back when I was planting the garden is that my thigh muscles have been neglected over the years! A half day of squatting in the garden & I could barely move for the next three days! My hamstrings & tops of my thighs were soooo sore & tight.
Now, about a month later, PCP begins! Out of all the daily exercises, it's the leg exercises that are killing me. Squats, lunges, whatever's next... all I know is that my thigh & hamstring muscles are so tight & sore! My wife told me that from her running training it's not always best to let them heal before working them again, but to instead keep exercising them (like we are) only a bit lighter & slower. This allows the muscles to get rid of the lactic acid and speeds up the rebuilding process.
So today I found myself painfully doing the lunges very slowly & very carefully. It wasn't glamorous, but I got them done. And you know what? I may still be sore & stiff when I get up out of my chair at work, but I'm wincing a little less and I think I might even be walking with a little of a cowboy swagger!
Here's to healthy habits,
Michael
Good attitude man. For the next month or so we'll be following your wife's advice, then we kick it into high gear and start rebuilding your legs like the Terminator! Enjoy the ride bro!
ReplyDelete